Be delighted by the hints of rose, pistachio, honey and toasted coconut in this raw slice topped with dark chocolate.
Makes 15 one inch pieces.
15 mins preparation, 4 hours chilling.
- 2 cups (200 grams) ground almonds
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) unsweetened desiccated coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) chopped raw pistachio kernels
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) porridge oats
- 2 teabags (5 grams) Runaway Rose Tea
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 8 squares (50 grams) dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped raw pistachio kernels to sprinkle on top
First things first
Line a loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the ground almonds, toasted coconut and chopped pistachios.
To toast the coconut, measure the correct amount and heat gently in a small frying pan until golden.
Using a blender or food processor, pulse the oats and Runaway Rose together until fine.
Add the oat mixture to the other dry ingredients.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt honey and coconut oil together.
Add the honey and oil to the dry ingredients and mix well with your hands.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and pack down tightly with your hands until firm and level.
Melt the chocolate, spread thinly over the top of the slice, then top with the extra pistachios.
Chill the slice in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours until firm before cutting into small pieces, and
Keep this delightful slice in the fridge, until you have visitors and they devour it!