A bright aromatic jelly, perfect with your favourite cheeses or slathered on sourdough toast.
- 1 teabag of Runaway Rose Tea
1 and 1/2 teaspoons Pomona's low sugar pectin
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups rosé wine
1 teaspoon Pomona's calcium water (as per instructions on packet)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
6 x 125ml jam jars
First things first
Sterilise the jam jars and lids by washing in hot soapy water, rinsing thoroughly and warming in a 120C oven for 20 minutes.
When the jars are ready, remove them from the oven without touching the insides. Place on a folded tea towel next to the stove.
- Mix the sugar and pectin together and set aside
- Bring the wine, calcium water, lemon juice and Runaway Rose to the boil.
- Remove the teabag and add the sugar/pectin a tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly.
- When all the sugar/pectin has been dissolved, boil for 2 full minutes to activate the pectin.
- Remove from the heat and ladle into the prepared jars.
- Close the lids and leave to cool. Store in the refrigerator
Recipe created by Kearin Armstrong, The Winsome Baker, adapted from Beyond Canning by Autumn Giles.