Moist and moreish with a hint of a zing, these mini loaves are great for a morning tea, picnics or to wrap and give as gifts. Their charming size makes them feel like a special treat.
Makes 1 large loaf or 4 mini loaves.
Prep time 15 minutes.
Bake time 1 hour for single loaf, 25 mins for smaller loaves.
- 1 cup (150 grams) grated zucchini
- 2 and 1/2 cups (350 grams) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lime
- 2/3 cup (160 grams) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (60 grams) chopped crystallised ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mls) strong brewed Kapow Tea, cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (85 mls) vegetable oil
FIRST THINGS FIRST
Add boiling water to a bag or heaped teaspoon of Kapow tea, infuse for 10 mins.
Line 4 small (6 cm by 13 cm) loaf pans or one large loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Grate the zucchini and press between paper towels to remove excess water.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, zest and brown sugar together.
- Add the chopped ginger and stir to combine
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Kapow Tea, oil and vanilla. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until mostly mixed.
- Fold in the zucchini and transfer to the prepared pan.
Bake the mini loaves for 20 to 30 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Bake as a single loaf for approximately 1 hour.
Recipe created by Kearin Armstrong, The Winsome Baker.