This iced tea syrup comes to you from Chelsey Perkins, Egmont St Eatery's resident mixologist.
The Roxy Black tea provides the tea with a base to allow subtle flavours of the Runaway Rose to really shine. If you need a little more sweetness, just add a dash of simple syrup (sugar mixed with boiling water) or honey to taste just before serving.
A lovely non-alcoholic alternative for a summer party.
Makes 3-4 serves.
Prep time 10 minutes.
Infusing time 8 hours / overnight, assembly time 5 minutes.
- 20g Runaway Rose loose leaves
- 20g Roxy Black loose leaves
- 100g Marmalade* (we use Anatoth's Breakfast Marmalade)
- Water, preferably filtered
Mix the tea and marmalade together in a measuring jug, fill to the 400ml mark with cold water and stir.
Cover and leave overnight, then strain the liquid.
Mix 60ml of syrup with ice and water in a tall 330ml glass and garnish with a slice of lemon.
* Egmont St Eatery use their own housemade marmalade. If you don't have homemade marmalade on hand, we recommend Anatoth's breakfast marmalade — it has no added flavours, colours or preservatives, feels more 'natural' than most, and uses NZ grapefruits and lemons that gives the iced tea a flavour that's more tart than sweet.
Shop Runaway Rose tea >
Shop Roxy Black tea >