Fragrant, sweet and delicate, this vegan raw slice makes for a perfect morning or afternoon sweet treat.
Vegan, Refined sugar free
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tsp Runaway Rose Loose Leaf Tea
- 5 Tbsp brown rice malt syrup
- 2⁄3 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup coconut condensed milk
- 2 tsp Runaway Rose Loose Leaf Tea
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricots (chopped up)
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil (soft or melted)
- In a food processor, add the almond flour, oats and first measure of Runaway Rose Loose Leaf Tea. Blitz until combined.
- Add the malt syrup and process until well combined.
- Line a 20cm x 15cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the base mixture to the dish, pressing down firmly with your hands or by using the back of a spoon. Ensure the base is evenly spread and well-compact. Place the dish in the fridge to set for about an hour.
- No need to clean the food processor – to make the icing, simply add in the almond meal and second measure of Runaway Rose Loose Leaf Tea and give it a good blitz, before adding in the condensed milk, chopped dried apricots, coconut oil and vanilla. Process until well combined.
- Spread the icing over the set base and place back into the fridge to set for a few more hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, cut into neat slices. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Shop Runaway Rose tea >
Recipe by Mikaela Nelson @fluentinveg