A summer survival tip for tea lovers: cold brew.
It’s simple, no-fuss, and oh so refreshing.
Like all good things, the magic of cold brew takes time. Infusing in cool water overnight is a gentle process, giving our organic herbs and botanicals the time to really come out of their shell. Allow them time to feel diffuse slowly and the delicate flavours of our blends will positively shine.
Cold brew requires a little more planning ahead than your standard cup of tea— but we know it’s totally worth it.
Of all our blends, we’ve found that cold-brewed Runaway Rose is the biggest crowd-pleaser among friends and family. The rose and lavender give a light, floral flavour, while the elderflower and vanilla offer a natural honey-like sweetness — a great sugar-free alternative to juice. Satisfyingly natural and organic, it’s pure LB goodness.
See below for the 3-step recipe.
RUNAWAY ROSE COLD BREW
Makes 8C / 2L.
5 minutes prep, 8 hours infusing.
You’ll need —
- 6 tea temples or 6 flat tablespoons of loose-leaf Runaway Rose Tea
- 2L water
- Place six tea temples or six flat tablespoons of Runaway Rose blend into a glass jug or jar.
- Add 2L of cold water, stir, then pop in the fridge for 6-8 hours - ideally overnight.
- To serve, strain loose leaf or remove tea temples. Pour the cold brew into a serving jug or glasses. Adorn with a sprig of lavender, berries, and herbs.
- If using loose leaf, infusing tea in a French press makes serving cold brew even easier. Simply press & pour when ready to serve.
- Cold Brew tea keeps well in a sealed glass container and will stay fresh for three days in the fridge.
Have you tried LB cold brew? Leave us a comment below or tag @libertineblends on Instagram.