Soft and moist, these little gems are just begging for a slathering of butter and to be enjoyed with a hot cup of tea.
Vegan, Refined sugar free
- 1 3⁄4 cup flour (231g)
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 x flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water)
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil + more for greasing muffin tray
- 4 Tbsp Libertine Blends Luxe Grey (loose leaf)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- Prep your flax eggs by adding 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 Tbsp of water to a small dish and whisking with a fork until combined. Place in the fridge to set.
- Prep your Luxe Grey tea by adding soy milk and loose leaf Luxe Grey tea to a small pot. Heat on medium, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes (do not let the milk boil).
- Strain the milk through a tea strainer or sieve and pour into a heatproof bowl or cup. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C conventional and grease a muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Mash the bananas and set aside.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a large bowl and add in the mashed bananas, yoghurt and set flax eggs. Fold together gently.
- Add melted coconut oil, room-temperature Luxe Grey milk and vanilla extract. Fold until just combined.
- Prep your muffin topping by roughly chopping the walnuts and toasting in a dry non-stick pan for about 1 minute. Add the coconut sugar and water and let the mixture bubble until all of the walnuts are coated. Take off the heat.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into your greased muffin tray and top each one with candied walnuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let them sit for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Enjoy with non-dairy butter and a good cup of tea!
Shop Luxe Grey tea >
Recipe by Mikaela Nelson @fluentinveg